Thursday, June 9, 2011

Last post from the US!

Just wanted to let everyone know that all is well here in Philly! An emotional day but also very exciting. Staging was a lot of ice breakers and getting to know the rest of our group, discussing our concerns, fears, hopes, dreams, blah blah blah. All I can say is I hope Burkina is ready for the amazing group of volunteers headed your way. We used our $140 debit cards (all for one night of food!) courtesy of the U.S. government to get some pizza and beer for our last dinner. There's about 50 of us heading out, mostly education and a few agriculture volunteers as well.

Silly overachiever me volunteered to be one of our group leaders through our travels so I'm responsible for distributing everyones passports tomorrow :-O So I'm going to get some much needed rest and I will update as soon as I can once I get to Ouagadougou.

Thanks to everyone for all of the good wishes sent my way!

Peace,
Marlow

1 comment:

  1. Marlow, I wish you ALL THE BEST in your travels and new adventure. It brings a smile to my face that you are embarking on this rewarding job. Warmest regards, Heather Allen

    ReplyDelete